There are plenty of reasons to love Meribel, not least for its pretty chalet-style architecture, wooded surroundings and friendly, village atmosphere. But the prime reason is its central position within France's huge Trois Vallées ski area.
Situated in the heart of the largest and, for many, the finest ski area in the world, Meribel’s reputation has been built on its extensive skiing & snowboarding, and breath-taking scenery. Nearly all of the buildings in the town are constructed in the traditional Savoyard style from wood and stone, making Meribel one of the most picturesque ski resorts in France.
The ski area is truly inexhaustible and with 600km of pistes in the Three Valleys (150km in Meribel), there is something for every standard of skier. Also, as the epicentre of the world’s largest ski domain, there are endless stretches of off-piste. The valleys are superbly linked, with Val Thorens under an hour away and Courchevel less than half an hour away.
Meribel has two areas dedicated to free-style riders. In Meribel-Mottaret there is the Plattieres snowpark with its 17 acres of jumps, whoops, banks and two half-pipes. The Meribel Moonpark offers one competition-standard half pipe, one half-pipe for learners and a boarder cross with whoops, tables and other obstacles.
Meribel is the largest of the villages in the Three Valleys and offers plenty of alternatives to skiing and snowboarding, such as horse-drawn sleigh rides, dog sledding through the forest, paragliding, ice-skating, snow mobile hire and 25m indoor swimming pool, children's pool, water slide, spa and fitness centre, all located at the Olympic centre.
Graced with plants and fauna, trees and dramatic landscapes the Valley provides a spectacular environment.
The Vanoise National Park, France’s first National Park, is a boundary-less paradise of 140,000 acres with stunning animal life and wild flora, it offers a stunning backdrop for your Meribel ski holiday.
Meribel at a Glance
- Located in the heart of the world famous Three Valleys
- The largest and best linked ski area in the world
- Spectacular scenery and an abundance of alpine charm
- 600km of pistes
- Approx 200 ski lifts
- 2 Dedicated snowboarding parks
- In excess of 1400 snow canons
- An excellent choice of ski schools to cater for all levels
- Childcare facilities for little ones
- Olympic ice skating rink, swimming pool, rock climbing & 10 pin bowling alley
- Guided & non guided snow shoe walks in the valley
- 33km of cross country skiing
- Pleasure flights
- Husky sledding in the forest
- Horse drawn sleigh tours
- Free resort bus service
- Fitness and wellbeing spas
- Cinema – Films shown in English
- Superb shopping
- Live après ski entertainment every night
- A great selection of bars, restaurants and a couple of nightclubs