We require the purchase of comprehensive travel insurance as a condition of your booking with us. You must purchase travel insurance at the point of the holiday booking with us so that you have cancellation protection and not just prior to your departure on holiday.
It is a condition of booking with us that you and your party obtain suitable wintersports travel insurance, from a reputable provider, which must at least include but not be limited to, the following:
- Emergency medical expenses, including cover for any pre-existing condition. Amongst other costs this should cover; mountain rescue, ambulance charges and repatriation to the your home country
- Cancellation of your trip or curtailment for any reason
- Personal liability to include, amongst other liabilities; damage caused by your negligence and that of your party to the property in which you are staying, and which must include contractual liability of the party leader for the actions of your party
- Travel and transfer delays which must include amongst other costs; additional costs incurred in the event of a delay
- The policy must include the activities you are likely to do and in particular off piste skiing with or without a guide (it is possible to ski off piste inadvertently)
- The policy must cover the period from the date of booking to the last day of your trip and may not have a clause allowing the insurer to cancel the insurance except in unusual circumstances e.g. fraud and misrepresentation.
There are other sections to wintersports travel Insurance such as baggage, legal expenses, personal accident and so on.
In the event that you fail to obtain suitable wintersports travel insurance we shall not be liable for any costs incurred or claims made against us due to your failure to comply with this term.
You need to provide confirmation to Ski Blanc at least 8 weeks prior to departure or at the time of booking if later that each member of the party has adequate wintersports travel insurance.